Sunday, August 26, 2007

How A Three-Letter Word Can Change Your Life Forever And Force You to Succeed!

Have you ever wondered why most people will never get what they want?

My friend, I’ve read and listened to more self help material in my life than I can remember, and if I were to be on my dying bed right now with only one thing to share with you from everything I’ve ever learned it would be this one concept: the power of “why”. With it you can move mountains in your life and accomplish anything you set your heart on.

Without it, even if I were to send you the most powerful information on the face of the planet on changing your life, it would be completely useless (unless you need a paper-weight).

The answer is simple: Most people will NEVER get what they want in their lives because they don’t know “WHY” they want it!

The most impacting concept that has changed my life has been the “WHY” concept. The world’s most popular peak performance and achievement coach Tony Robbins has popularized this concept to a huge extent in his audios, seminars and books. It’s been written about in hundreds of books for the last decade and has shaped thousands of people’s lives from stagnation, unhappiness and procrastination into blissful lives of power, joy, and accomplishment.

From the time I first grasped this concept about a year ago my life has been transformed at a rate I stopped keeping track of—which is why I want to share this concept with you today. I would be doing you a disservice if I didn’t tell you about this dirty little secret: Most people who set out to make a change or improvement in their lives never do so because they do not understand the power of “WHY”.

Do you remember a time in your life where you set a goal for yourself that you were extremely excited about? Perhaps you even got to the point of taking some action towards that goal? But for some reason your drive, ambition, and energy withered away only to leave you looking back at that goal weeks later feeling like a failure?

I can remember a lot of times like that in my own life. I’m sure you can too, because as human beings we all go through this natural process.

Thousands of people everyday make “decisions” on changing BIG parts of their lives. These decisions could be:

• Deciding to quit smoking.
• Setting a goal to get a better job.
• Starting a business.
• Deciding to get out of a bad relationship.
• Committing yourself to creating more health and energy in your life.

Yet most people’s decisions last only for a couple days or hours, leaving them right back where they started, feeling miserable after they’ve been seduced right back to the low quality of life they wanted to leave. When every commitment in your life turns into another unfulfilled “new year’s resolution”, you know you need a better strategy!

My friend, I submit to you that if you’ve ever found yourself in a situation in your life where you’ve decide to make a HUGE change for the better, but that change never occurred, once you grasp the concept I share with you today you will be UNSTOPPABLE.

I can guarantee you that all your major “successes” in life had this one thing in common: The Power of “WHY”.

There is a secret mechanism behind your own human motivation that you need to see if you haven’t already: Most people’s decisions have two sides to them.

When we achieve something in our lives that we’ve strived to get, and someone asks us “how” we did it we often explain ourselves by saying something like..."Well, I just REALLY wanted it and was DETERMINED to get it, so I did it."

But what happens inside you that makes you “REALLY” want something to the point that you’re “DETERMINED” to get it no matter what?

Whenever we make a decision, two elements are present:

1. The decision at hand. Example: “I’m going to lose 20 pounds this month.”

2. The reason WHY you want #1 and the emotional pressure of that “WHY”.

Here’s the secret: Whenever you make a decision, a commitment, or a goal, the single most important thing which determines whether you will SUCCEED or not is if you’ve created a BIG enough REASON for yourself to succeed. This is what I mean by the power of “WHY?”

Whenever you set out to succeed at something, first ask yourself: “WHY is this really important to me? WHY MUST I have it?”

Once you ask this question you absolutely MUST come up with a powerful enough reason or a series of reasons which will turn your soul on fire and give you the drive necessary for you to follow through with your decision until the end, and make it IMPOSSIBLE for you to sit around and procrastinate.

I guarantee you that if you currently have something you’ve wanted in your life for a long time but they’re still not there it’s because you haven’t taken the right action, or the right amount of consistent action in your life to get that. And the main reason you haven’t taken the action is because you haven’t given yourself a powerful enough REASON that drives you emotionally at full strength towards that goal!

Let’s quickly look at some examples of really poor decisions:

Example 1: When most people decide they want to lose weight or do something for their body, their decision is usually one sided without even being consciously aware of the “WHY”.

Decision: “I’m going to lose 40 lbs.”
Reason: “Because I want to look thin, lean and attractive.”

That reason is nice, but it’s simply not emotionally driving enough to push your limits to the point where you stay absolutely committed to your goal until you achieve the desired result in your life. This is why most people’s “new year’s resolutions” hardly ever get accomplished, because they are simple blatant decisions with little emotional value.

If you want to GUARANTEE your success you have to stack your reasons to a point of emotional overwhelm where there is NO ROOM for failure:

Decision: “I’m going to lose 40 lbs!”

Reasons:

• Because I deserve to have a body I am proud of.

• Because I deserve to be lively, vital, and HAPPY.

• I deserve to feel attractive and I’m SICK and TIRED of living my life like this, it’s my body and I will not stand for it being this way anymore.

• I’m sick and tired of being called names and stared at by other people
when I go out in public.

• I deserve to be lively, vital, and HAPPY. To feel attractive and sexy like I’m suppose to.

This sounds so simple but it’s extremely powerful. Most people don’t do it because they’re afraid of being honest with themselves.

Let’s look at another example:

Example 2:

Decision: “I’m going to create a business that will generate $20,000 in net income per month.”

Reason: “I need more money.”

To most people the idea of making more money is always very exciting in the beginning, but very few people ever do ANYTHING to improve their financial situation, because they’re comfortable at where they are. Even when they start a new business or any kind of promising venture, they give up too early or never even start fully because they haven’t harnessed the power of “WHY”.

Remember, if you truly want something you not only have to know WHAT you want, but WHY you want it. Do you think you would give up on your goal to create a financially lucrative business if you reminded yourself WHY you wanted it with reasons like these?...

Reasons:

• I’m absolutely sick and tired of living an average life and I will not stand for this bullshit anymore—I’m going to be financially free no matter what it takes!

• My family deserves the best and I hate to watch them struggle with the income they have now.

• My family deserves a bigger home to live like they’re supposed to.

• Because I will not idly stand by and watch my life and my dreams simply pass me by.

• I’m not helping ANYONE by being in this financial situation, and I absolutely loath this, this HAS to change.

Yes, most of the time when we make a decision to make a powerful change in our lives we start feeling an overwhelming desire and drive for that change, but most of the time it doesn’t last simply because we forget WHY we wanted what we set out to get in the first place!

The most incredible service you could do for yourself is to clearly define WHY you want something and keep reminding yourself of that every single day.

Without having a powerful enough “WHY” reason for doing something, chances are your motivation will fade before you accomplish what you set out to do.

My friend, I don’t know what unique situation in life you’re in, but I guarantee that when you follow the 3 steps below for ANY goal you want to achieve currently, or perhaps something you’re ALREDY on a mission to achieve, your results will skyrocket!

Step 1: Make a Decision

Decide on the result you want to achieve. Is it creating money? Making a change in your body? Making a change in your relationships?

What is the CRYSTAL CLEAR result you want to achieve? Be specific.

Step 2: Find Out WHY You Want It!

Ask yourself these questions:

“Why is it absolutely IMPERATIVE that I MUST have this in my life?

“What will my life look like if I don’t have this in my life?”

“Are there any other people around me that will be affected by this decision? How much do I care about them? How will they suffer if I don’t do this?”

“What is the most painful thing about not having this in my life?”

“What is the most incredible and inspiring thing about this decision?”

“What will my life look like when I’ve created this change?”

You MUST figure out WHY you want what you’ve decided to do. If you can’t create enough reasons that are truly empowering, and if don’t find that the reasons make you tingle inside with emotion and drive, then you most likely don’t REALLY want what you’ve set out to get, or you haven’t looked deep enough inside you for those reasons.

Step 3: Use the Power of “Why” Every Day

One way to do this is to write your powerful “WHY” reasons on a piece of paper and stick that piece of paper somewhere where you can see it every day.

Remind yourself of the REASONS you want what you’ve set out to get every single day. Spend at least 10 minutes a day feeling the powerful emotions you’ve written down as your “WHY” reasons. Visualize and feel how important it is for you to do this, and why you won’t settle for anything less.

“Human beings are capable of incredible things. If we have a big enough REASON to do something, we’ll go to the greatest lengths to get it.” - Tony Robbins

I hope you’ve found this information extremely helpful to you, as I have enjoyed sharing it with you. Remember, information is powerful, but only information put into action makes a difference!

As I’ve said before, most people won’t make a change in their lives until they tap into the proper mechanics of human motivation. Knowing this I seek to not only provide you with powerful INFORMATION, but the MOTIVATION to put it into action and make a change in your life.

Ask yourself: What does it mean to make a change? Will other people’s lives be affected when I make that change in my life? How will my life look when I’ve created that change in my life?

Only once you find the big enough “WHY” to make a change in your life, then the information you possess becomes truly powerful.

Kacper Postawski is an innovative sleep science researcher and the creator of the Sleep Wiz, your surefire natural remedy to end insomnia forever and enjoy energizing sleep in as little as 3 days! He can show you how to fall asleep effortlessly, create more time, and an abundance of energy in your body by optimizing your sleep system! He dispels the “8-hour sleep myth”, tells you what most people never realize about sleep, and what the drug companies DONT WANT YOU to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An outstanding share! I've just forwarded this onto a co-worker who had been doing a little homework on this.
And he actually bought me dinner because I stumbled upon it
for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for the meal!!
But yeah, thanks for spending some time to discuss this subject here on your blog.


Visit my page - hurn airport